Tuesday 28 July 2015

World BMX Championships

I'm not going to apologise for all the bike stuff..I love it. I've ridden bikes all my life and finding my way back into BMX has been amazing. Its given me focus, fitness and commitment to improve. At 46 years old in two weeks I'm more stoked than ever to be riding my bike. This past week has also meant being glued to the livestream coverage of the BMX World Championships from Zolder in Belgium. Myself and Jago had both our friends and fellow competitors representing Team GB and they all did our nation proud. What an experience to be competing at that level. Our own club 'Cornwall BMX Racing' now has our own new world number 3 in 7 year old Micah Pritchard, and a whole bunch of riders with greater experience and drive to succeed.
Unfortunately, Britain's big hope, Liam Phillips slipped on the gate and this is where the race can be won or lost. Coming in 5th he was disappointed but this only fuelled his fire to succeed and regain the world titlenext year and the Olympic Gold. The 2015 title went to a young Dutch phenomenon named Niek Kimmann who last year won the junior title and backs it up this year with the Elite Title and rainbow jersey. Some amazing coverage on BBC2 which we could hope is the shape of things to come for BMX hitting the mainstream!

No comments: